Nickel and dined!

her mohawk has whispered to me..."come eat here...if i am in the window..it's got to be good!"


hungry...
I've walked by this place, the NICKEL DINER, tons of times....
each time, wondering about how amazing their "bacon donut" tastes....

this is what I love...the mannequin heads in their window....with "icing" hair that looks like it's been "bruleed"....i love it!
this is Main Street in Downtown LA...the walk up to the Nickel diner on a busy, rainy, saturday morning...

10-15 minute wait to squeeze into a narrow bench seat, where I got to get quite cozy with the folks sitting to my left...ha ha ha
this place was jammed with downtown local hipsters, tourists, and families...
mademoiselle in her pink "icing" hair and bread hat!



after you are offered your table...you are brought donut holes and a cute lil' plate with a doily! I love it.....our flavors were the always curious..."bacon donut"...sweet & salty, and a Nutella donut...chocolaty and crunchy with hazelnuts, yum...i love nutella on anything really...there was a time in my life where I would just eat spoonfulls of Nutella! ha ha ha
I was so excited to see a Dutch Pancake on the menu...my mom used to make them, but she called them "oven baked pancakes"...this wasn't like my moms.....so I had to order another something...ha ha ha

all whole new crowd of peeps came and dined while we had our one sitting...ha ha ha..probably because I ordered a round 2 of food....ha ha ha
round 2: the SMACK & CHEESE....roasted tomatoes, bread crumbs, and spices....the best MAc N' Cheese I've ever had!!! (the street that this place is on, were somewhat notorious for drug sales....and it's pretty close to the famous Skid Row...so some items on the menu are named after some "drug-ish" names...kinda funny...ha ha ha..and probably equally as addictive...i would eat this mac n' cheese all the time!!!


I loved this painting on the wall..."This is the place: There is no place, quite like this place, anywhere near this place, so this must be the place!!!

And that sums it up...i've never been to a place with bacon donuts, smore's cake that looks like the mannequins hair out front, and has the best mac n' cheese around!

I give it a thumbs up!
if you're in the downtown LA area....go give this place a whirl...it's fun a and definitely an adventure! yay for eating! ha ha ha..thanks for coming along with me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...