I love the 80's!!!

on a rooftop: downtown LA

me & my friend, Tessa- sample sale!

it looks like we're in jail!
(it was dangerously, hot outside...ooooh even the streets say DANGER in LA...ha ha ha...it's just from the old trolley cars..that my great-gramma rode on!)

i grew up watching Pee Wee's Playhouse, The Snorks, and Full House...
i wore side ponytails, studded boots, and lots of scrunchies in my hair...

I love the 80's!!!
Later in life...in the 2000's (so space-age and modern)....I did make-up for the show, I LOVE THE 80's, that's on VH1...and I always loved how they'd bring up old things I'd forgotten about...like the show, Alf, or something funny....

This outfit wasn't made to be "80's", but everyone seemed to make a comment about , "oh, rockin' the 80's"..."bringing the 80's back"..."80's..this...80's that"...ha ha ha ha
so here it is...and I'm cool with the 80's reference...I say it's more 2009-and-a-half....ha ha ha

what I slapped on to get 80-fied.....
Graphic leggings & orange earrings from FOREVER 21
white men's tank by Hanes (got it at Wal-Mart)
Orange shirt from Urban Outfitters (don't know if they have anymore)(look at still shot of the tag in the video to search for it)
BOOTS (from the vintage clothing store on Melrose Ave)
BELT (black leather belt with rings from Ross)
Chain (wallet chain from Hot Topic)
Skapron (skirt + apron)...I made it from cutting an old pair of Levi 501's (the button fly kind), cut like in the video.....

have an awesome and rad (rad was born in the 80's and is still cool...ha ha ha) day.....
enjoy this video...and the dancing...is purely because I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...