Me and my dad!

my dad is a joker, a funny guy, a wild man, and he's always fun!
When I was little me and my sister would wait for my dad to come home, because he would bring us baseball cards that had a stick of gum in them! I think we liked the gum more than the cards! ha ha ha

We would go on "dates-with-dad", where we'd get to pick what we wanted to do....my favorite was to go roller skating...and ofcourse he'd buy me candy and stuff, that my mom usually didn't allow! ha ha ha

Once when we were with my dad in his work truck, I was about 7 and my sister was about 5, he took us to 7-11 where we got Pepsi flavored Icee's (my mom never let us get Icee's), and then we drove over the railroad tracks, where the truck would kind of get some air, and we felt like we were on a roller coaster! It was so fun, my dad kept driving back over it so we could go again and again! I think I spilled my Icee on my shirt and was afraid my mom would find out! ha ha ha

Sometimes our dad's aren't perfect. Sometimes we don't have a dad. Sometimes our dad has left us. Even if I didn't have my "earthly" dad, I know I've always had God to be my dad in heaven! He'll never leave me, disappoint me, let me down...it doesn't matter how you've wanted the love of your dad. My dad is not perfect, but I know, that no matter what, the greatest thing I can do is forgive and truly not hold on to any moments that haven't been perfect.

you are loved...you are beautiful and you are wonderfully made! Celebrate today...your dad, whether he's in your life or not, without him (perfect or imperfect) you wouldn't be alive without him!

huge love and hugs, kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...