"you complete me!"

that famous line that Tom Cruise spits out as Jerry Maguire (and I think this was pre-crazy Tom Cruise) to love interest has become a funny saying in between friends.....making the hearts sign and saying "You COMPLETE ME!!!!!"....

People want to feel completed and made to feel whole, like they are fixed, happy, and all better again. Some people spend hours online trying to find that one person that will make their life so much happier and better! Well all the eharmony.com's and match.com's in the world aren't gonna complete us!

Sometimes I've thought that all I needed was to find my soulmate, and my world would be happy, everything would be better. But the truth is, even if they are your soulmate, they are going to let you down, somehow make you mad or hurt your feelings. And WHAM!!! You are so upset, you're thinking you were more "COMPLETED", before you had to deal with a "poop head" like this! ha ha ha

I remember my gramma telling me, "You were just fine before you met them! You were born by yourself, just fine, and you will die by yourself!"...I remember hearing this and thinking, "GOSH!!! THAT IS A HORRIBLE SAYING!" But the truth in it is (and the "nicer, makes more sense version") is this, you have had a life, it may have been heard, but you had happy moments without your soulmate, with friends or family, or even moments where you were happy all by yourself. The "soulmate" didn't all the sudden become the only "being of happiness" in your life. YES, they probably bring tons of happiness to your life, but I guarantee, that without them, you would still have happiness. Not at first if you're all sad, but it will come flooding back.
In the first scenes of the "The Grapes of Wrath", it shows the women watching their men in the dry dusty land working, where the crops used to be. They were watching to see if the men would break, or if they would keep going on. Sometimes that all we need, to see that their hearts were strong to not give up and keep going, and when you see that you think, "Oh, I can do it too! I will make it! I will survive! No matter what is going on, I'm going to make it!"

Today, know that you will make it!
You will be happy!
No matter what is falling apart around what news you've just discovered, you will be more than fine, you will be amazing!
huge love and a cupcake,  from your friend, kandee

MISSION for the day:
1. look back at one thing in your life that was hard and think about how you lived through it

2. think about anyone that you know that has been through something hard, and keep them as your inspiration when you feel like things are too hard, think "what would they do?"

3. Look at yourself in the mirror today and say "you one amazing person and you deserve to be happy, and I will!"

4. in everything today find happiness, in pretty flowers, in smiling at someone, maybe you help someone that can't open a door, like a little old lady or a mom with a stroller, maybe you just tell a friend or your mom, just how much they mean to you, or even just tell someone they have a nice smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...